Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Not so Scary Halloween Altered Book Tutorial

I wanted to make a Altered Halloween book for my 3 year old Grandson,
Nothing to scary, more about Trick or Treating.
I started with a hard cover book I found at the $ store.
I covered it with Gesso. 
I loved that it had windows I could use in the planning of the book.
Added white tissue and gel medium to give it lots of texture.
I knew just what stamps I was going to use. 
Had just released a new Stamp plate Jack-O Lantern
Cute kids and candy ready for Halloween
I stamped up the images on white tissue.
I added some crinkle shred for lots of extra texture.
When it was dry I used Distress inks to add lots of fun colors.
Stamped up the Pumpkins and Boo words and added to the front.
On the second page I added more texture and the stamped images 
making sure the little girl showed through the window.
Some fun Halloween candy ,colorful papers and Dresden trim.
I had some cool spider web paper from my stash I used as the background.
The Haunted Mansion Chandelier came from Retro Cafe Art
Added the stamped images.
The next page brings a colorful scene for a Harvest Ball.
Also used images from the Stamp plate
 Danse Macabre-Skeleton Ball

The final page done in dark of night. Perfect for Trick or Treating.
I stamped several of the images in white to show up
against the dark background.
The cat cut out is also from Reto Cafe Art..
I plan on illustrating a story to go along with the pages.
A Special treat for Halloween.


10 comments:

bobbie said...

Adorable! GS will love it ~

BTW ~ thank you for the comment on our spoon project ~ I just knew all along that I wanted to make something for my friend K ~ thus no ocean theme...

Till Monday ~

Katalina Jewelry said...

Pretty cool, Lynn! I like how you stamped on the tissue paper because the crinkled look once you glued it down was perfect for your not so scary book!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

REALLY special!

Createology said...

Lynn this is an excellent work of HeArt for your little grandson. A true labor love and I adore the happy fun part of Halloween. Creative Halloween Bliss....

misteejay said...

What a lovely gift for your grandson.
The book is fabulous Lynn and all that texture on the cover looks super.
Toni xx

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So cute - your Grandson will really enjoy it.
Enjoy the weekend.

Krisha said...

What a cool find at the $$ store, and what you created with it is amazing. You GS will love it!

Paper Profusion said...

How fabulous Lynn, love all your brilliant details. Hope your little grandson loves it and it's kept for posterity. Nicola x

Dreaming of Vintage said...

This is really awesome Lynn!

Lynne said...

It would not surprise me if your Grandson becomes a huge fan of Halloween just like his Grandma!
Brilliant use of Suzanne's new stamps, (I only recently inked them up myself) with amazing texture and how fun that the board book had windows for you to incorporate into your design.
A very special Halloween gift.
Wishes
Lynne

Blog Archive